Individuals who do not have a VT PID but have a valid need to receive VT Alerts because of their relationship or proximity to the campus may request a guest subscription from the Office of Emergency Management. Guest subscriptions are rare and are only given to individuals who meet certain criteria. Users are subject to the conditions of use.
Examples of such individuals include, but are not limited to:
- Command staff, supervisors, senior administration, principals, or specialty team leaders of first-responder agencies serving the New River Valley
- Contractors, business services, auxiliaries, tenants, or other vendors with a frequent and/or regular presence on campus
- Residents living contiguous to the campus
- Managers of off-campus housing complexes with significant Virginia Tech student resident population
- Fraternity or sorority house managers
- Corporate Research Center staff and tenants