Students and Employees
Virginia Tech strongly recommends that all students and employees:
- Sign up to receive VT Alerts through phone calls, text messages, and email.
- Download a program to receive VT Alerts through desktop notifications
Without taking any action, students and employees will receive emergency notifications via some or all of the following channels:
- Virginia Tech homepage
- Emails sent to all vt.edu accounts
- The university’s official university social media channels (Twitter and Facebook).
- The weather/emergency hotline (540-231-6668) on the Blacksburg campus
- Electronic message boards in classrooms and other common meeting locations on the Blacksburg campus
- Outdoor sirens with voice enunciators on the Blacksburg campus