Sign Up for VT Alerts by Phone
To subscribe to VT Alerts through phone calls, text messages, or emails sent to non-vt.edu accounts, visit the registration website.
You will need your PID and password to register. While on the site, you can choose to receive either a phone call or text message in the event of an alert.
To be eligible for this channel of VT Alerts, a community member must meet one of several eligibility criteria. Users are subject to the conditions of use. Those eligible includes:
- Students who are currently enrolled or were enrolled in one of the past four semesters, including students of the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine;
- University employees of any kind, including employees of the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine;
- Individuals who have been offered admission or employment to the university;
- University retirees; and
- Sponsored university affiliates.
To determine eligibility for this channel of VT Alerts, individuals can verify their Virginia Tech affiliation by completing the following steps:
- Log in to MyVT.
- Click on the “Personal Info” tab.
- Click on “Manage your Profile.
Attention Google Voice users: The SMS portion of VT Alerts cannot send text messages via Google Voice, so you should use the direct number for your mobile telephone for the text message option.