Eligibility for VT Phone Alerts
Last updated Aug. 23, 2012
Who is eligible to receive VT Phone Alerts?
Current Virginia Tech students, faculty, staff, and certain special affiliates of the university are eligible to receive VT Phone Alerts. Eligibility criteria include:
- Any student who is currently enrolled or has been enrolled for some term in the prior four semesters. Additionally, any student who has been admitted but has not yet enrolled.
- A university employee of any kind (faculty, staff, wage, student wage, volunteers, temporary hires, etc). Additionally, any individual who has been offered employment but has not yet completed all of the paperwork for the employment process.
- University retirees
- Sponsored university affiliates
- Currently enrolled students of the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Faculty and staff of the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
If you meet one of the criteria below, you may no longer be eligible to subscribe to VT Phone Alerts. Notices will be sent to users who may not be eligible twice a year before their date of removal.
A VT Phone Alerts subscriber may no longer be eligible if:
- As a student, the subscriber has not registered for a class in four consecutive terms.
- As a faculty or staff member, the subscriber's employment at Virginia Tech has ended through termination or departure.
- As a sponsored affiliate, the relationship with the university has expired and will not be renewed.
To determine whether you remain eligible to subscribe to VT Phone Alerts, you can verify your affiliation with Virginia Tech by completing the following steps:
- Log into http://www.my.vt.edu.
- Click on the "Personal Info" tab.
- Click on "Manage your Profile."
If you believe your affiliations are incorrect,
- Students should contact the Registrar's Office.
- Faculty and Staff should contact your department Banner representative.
If you have any further questions, please contact 4Help at http://4help.vt.edu or by phone at (540) 231-HELP (4357).
Individuals who have a valid need to receive VT Phone Alerts because of their relationship or proximity to the Blacksburg campus can submit a subscription request. Learn more about that process.